Ad

US Politics | I was saved by hero as 2 gunmen shot me – I thought gunshots were firecrackers before my leg buckled, says Imran Khan

IMRAN Khan has revealed his life was saved by a hero who went to grab a gun from the hands of a would-be assassin. The cricket legend has been reliving the moment he thought gunshots were firecrackers before his leg buckled during the assassination attempt after being ousted as Pakistan's Prime Minister. TalkTVImran Khan relived the moment he was shot on Piers Morgan ...Uncensored' '/ ' Hamos_rao/TwitterThe moment the hero bystander tackles the gunman during the assassination attempt '/ ' AFPKhan recovering in hospital after being shot in the leg '/ ' He told Piers Morgan's 'Uncensored' show on TalkTV that he owes his life to a quick thinking by-stander when gunmen opened fire, hitting him in leg. Khan, 70, was delivering a speech from his campaign truck in Wazirabad, in the east of the country, when he was shot. TV footage from the rally showed a bystander grabbing a gun-wielding attacker by the hand and pulling him back. Khan explained that that there were two gunmen, one of whom was on his left side "only 20 feet away". READ MORE ON PAKISTAN STRICTLY NO-BALL ROOM Watch cricket hosts dance on TV as Pakistan beat Kiwis in T20 semi BUS TRAGEDY 18 dead including kids after bus taking flood victims home catches fire "The two heroes that saved me, one was this guy, when he saw him taking this pistol out, this guy immediately went for his hand and when he tried to grab the gun,... he said. ...The gun went down and that's how I was saved. Because I would have got all the bullets on my top body (but) they went into my legs. "Then this other guy tried, he had two magazines still.... At that point a dad, who came to the rally with his two kids, tackled the second gunman but was shot in the face and killed. ...So if this guy hadn't intervened the guy would have fetched two magazines and kept shooting,... he said. Most read in US News ABUSE CLAIMS Warren Beatty sued for 'coercing sex from girl, 14, after they met on set' BEG FOR MERCY Snapchat 'killer's' eerie note revealed after arrest 'for murdering 2 teens' 'YOU'LL BE NEXT' Mum of missing teen gets chilling phone call from her daughter's 'killer' HAMMER HORROR Sick motive as mum 'kills four of her kids with sledgehammer in their sleep' KEYBOARD WARRIOR Biden breaks silence after Ron DeSantis emerges as 2024 contender FATAL BITE Dad charged with manslaughter after son dies from snake bite 'that he ignored' ...That really touched, not just me, but the whole of the country. ...There was this picture of him lying dead and his two kids, sitting either side, trying to wake him up. That was probably the most awful site I've seen.... Khan said he was also saved because he was initially hit in the leg and ...collapsed, so the bullets went over my head.... The politician was seen standing on top of a container truck moving slowly through a packed crowd when he was targeted at the anti-government protest. Crowds were cheering for Khan, who was ousted as prime minister in a parliamentary confidence vote in April, when the shots rang out. Khan, the former captain of the Pakistan national team, described the moment the bullets hit. "First it sounded like firecrackers and then my right leg buckled, because it was hit by these bullets. Initially it felt like a burning sensation. "As I was hit on my leg and falling, and as I fell, and the firing stopped, then I realised I had been saved. "I checked myself because I was numb in the beginning and I checked my body 'where am I hit?'... I wasn't bleeding too much." Khan says he's now recovering after being treated in the hospital which he built after the death of his mother from cancer. He said: "I've had three bullets taken out from my right leg and some shrapnel in my left leg. "So one of the bullets has fractured my shin bone, so that will take a bit of time. But I am recovering and glad \- it could have been a lot worse." Khan has accused the military of backing the plan to oust him from power. At the time of the attack, Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party aides accused Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and intelligence official Major-General Faisal Naseer of being behind the attack. Read More on The Sun HEAT HACK We live in one of the coldest places in the world - our tip helps you stay warm Khan told Piers Morgan the attack was a "plot" after the "unprecedented public reaction" rattled those who had removed him from office. "So I think from then onwards, they expected my popularity of my party would go down. In fact, it went up. That's when my life came in danger." Watch Piers Morgan Uncensored weekdays from 8pm on TalkTV. Find TalkTV on Sky 526, Virgin Media 606, Freeview 237, Freesat 217 and Sky Glass 508, live and on demand on the TalkTV app, streaming services and at Talk.TV.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.