'I'm back!' – Luca Brecel 'feeling really good' after difficult season as world champion | M8L713Q | 2024-02-14 16:08:01
Luca Brecel says he's again, feeling good again on and off the desk after a particularly troublesome season so far as world champion.
The Belgian Bullet has not been to a rating quarter-final since he gained the World Championship in beautiful fashion in Might last yr.
He has struggled for wins of any variety in current weeks, dropping in the first spherical of the Masters and German Masters, while he didn't qualify for the World Grand Prix, which features the highest 32 players on the one-year ranking record.
Nevertheless, he has been training arduous and obtained back to profitable ways in the opening round of the Welsh Open on Monday, beating Jiang Jun Four-Three.
It's a slender win over the world number 109, so nothing to get overly enthusiastic about, but Brecel says confidence is returning and he feels extra just like the participant that shocked the world last season than the one which has struggled a lot this marketing campaign.
'Good,' he informed Eurosport of how he's feeling. 'Once I acquired a chance in the final body I felt like I was going to make a break. In my head I'm actually good in the intervening time, feeling actually good.
'My focus is on Saudi Arabia [World Masters of Snooker] and the Worlds. That is…not follow, but making an attempt to really feel good and find something. I've been working towards rather a lot and feeling good off the desk as properly. I'm back!'
The 28-year-old memorably claimed to have finished little or no follow forward of his World Championship win, however he has been again on the desk as he tries to turn his season round.
'Every single day I've been enjoying and having fun with it as nicely,' he stated. 'Once I do apply I take pleasure in it each time and just making an attempt to get fitter as nicely, I've lost a little bit of weight, I'm on a weight loss plan. I'm feeling really good.'
He could also be on his approach back to his greatest, he isn't there but though, admitting that he has gained so few matches of late that he has struggled to feel like knowledgeable player.
'I really feel like not within the recreation,' he stated. 'I simply don't really feel like a pro snooker player in the intervening time. Because I'm not enjoying enough matches and never profitable enough. You all the time go residence with not a glad feeling, you attempt to find that feeling and it never comes.
'I want one run. I really feel like I'm enjoying the identical as I've all the time been enjoying, however it's simply not on the table like that.
'I've been enjoying for therefore lengthy, I know it's going to return again, it might be any time.'
His probability to increase his present run comes within the second spherical in Llandudno towards Joe O'Connor on Wednesday.
MORE : Ronnie O'Sullivan explains 'snooker brain' comments after suggesting John Astley quits the sport
MORE : Ronnie O'Sullivan says 'stage fright' is reason for Welsh Open withdrawal
For more tales like this, check our sport page.
Comply with Metro Sport for the newest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
More >> https://ift.tt/4j87aA2 Source: MAG NEWS
0 Comments