‘I loved my time there’ – Kieran Tierney admits his Arsenal future is up in the air | M8L713Q | 2024-02-14 16:08:01

New Photo - 'I loved my time there' – Kieran Tierney admits his Arsenal future is up in the air | M8L713Q | 2024-02-14 16:08:01
'I loved my time there' – Kieran Tierney admits his Arsenal future is up in the air | M8L713Q | 2024-02-14 16:08:01

Kieran Tierney's Arsenal future is up within the air (Picture: Getty)

Kieran Tierney says he feels monumental gratitude in the direction of Arsenal but is not sure what the longer term holds after being ousted from Mikel Arteta's aspect by Oleksandr Zinchenko.

The left-back shortly established himself as a well-liked figure among Arsenal's fanbase after finishing a £25million change from Celtic with massive expectations on his shoulders back in 2019.

Nevertheless, a collection of damage issues hampered Tierney's progress in north London and the 26-year-old was despatched on loan to Actual Sociedad final August, with Arteta unable to guarantee the Scotland international regular game-time within the Premier League.

Zinchenko, who adopted Arteta from Manchester Metropolis to the Emirates in 2022, has made the place his own and the Ukrainian's potential to slot into the midfield has been central in Arsenal's improvement underneath Arteta during the last two seasons.

Chatting with The Every day Mail, Tierney stated it was 'exhausting to question' Arteta's choice for Zinchenko contemplating the best way Arteta likes to arrange his aspect with inverted full-backs.

'At Arsenal the left-back may be one of the central gamers within the workforce,' Tierney advised The Day by day Mail.

'If it's Oleksandr Zinchenko then he is among the largest creators from a central place.

Zinchenko has overtaken Tierney in the pecking order at Arsenal (Image: Getty)

'When that acquired launched it was alien to me. I had by no means performed centre midfield, I began as a winger. I used to be making an attempt to study that once I was at Arsenal.

'If you see how properly it really works it's arduous to question it. My selection was to only get on with it and study and I received to apply it with among the best.

'It's so natural to Zinchenko, he makes it look so easy.'

The Scotland left-back lost his place after a collection of accidents (Picture: Getty)

Though Tierney is tied into a contract with the Gunners until 2026, it appears the Scotland defender might have played his last recreation for the membership.

Requested if he sees a future at Arsenal, Tierney replied: 'It's exhausting to say. I liked my time there and I still have two years on the contract.

'I am very grateful to Arsenal. I don't know what's going to occur but I'm completely loving it here [at Real Sociedad].

'I really feel I have tailored fairly nicely and I hope I can return the religion the club have shown. This can be a very, very gifted squad with world-class players and so many have come from the academy. It's a tremendous story.

Alan Shearer hails 'unstoppable' Arsenal star and praises Mikel Arteta's clever new tactic

Pep Guardiola gutted to lose Man City star to injury ahead of match vs Chelsea

Arsenal handed injury boost with star set to return for Burnley clash

Read More Stories

'Coming here was simpler than going to London, and that's not having a dig at Arsenal as a result of they helped me massively.

'With out the individuals at the club it might have been 10 occasions more durable to adapt, however I was 4 years younger and shifting from Scotland, it didn't matter the place I went, that was going to be the hardest part.

'It's a tremendous thing to go to play for Arsenal but you still have your hurdles to beat.

'Then a few months later Covid hits and also you don't get to see anyone for months. The individuals at Arsenal have been all superb.'

For more tales like this, check our sport page.

Comply with Metro Sport for the newest information on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

#loved #there #kieran #tierney #admits #arsenal #future #air #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Sport

More >> https://ift.tt/4j87aA2 Source: MAG NEWS

Post a Comment

0 Comments