Ad

Celebrity Bake Off star ‘didn’t love’ Paul Hollywood – or know who he was | 311J52E | 2024-03-24 21:08:02

New Photo - Celebrity Bake Off star 'didn't love' Paul Hollywood – or know who he was | 311J52E | 2024-03-24 21:08:02
Celebrity Bake Off star 'didn't love' Paul Hollywood – or know who he was | 311J52E | 2024-03-24 21:08:02

Allow us to introduce the dwelling legend that's Fern Brady (Image: Channel 4)

Fern Brady just isn't one to mince her phrases. She can also be an excellent chef, I'm informed – and the funnest comic I've ever interviewed.

'I don't like watching baking programmes,' Fern tells Metro.co.uk in an interview about her time on Celebrity Bake Off.&

'I feel like for those who can bake then you definitely wouldn't watch a baking present,' she adds, filled with conviction.

Hosted by Noel Fielding and Alison Hammond, Fern is joined by the likes of Dermot O'Leary, Greg James, and Mel B in vying for judges Prue Leith and Paul Hollywood's prime marks.&

Luckily the Scottish slapstick comedian – who you'll have seen on 8 out of 10 Cats, Taskmaster, and Radio 4's The News Quiz – is an excellent baker.

While most comedians go on Celeb Bake Off to showcase their witty tendencies and clumsy but characterful baking disasters in the country's biggest PR opportunity, Fern was in it to win it.

She's a thriving slapstick comedian who doesn't mince her words (Picture: Channel four)
She also 'didn't love' Paul Hollywood (Image: ABC by way of Getty Photographs)

'I'm excellent at baking and I felt the nation needed to see that,' she tells me.

Having not seen The Great British Bake Off earlier than getting into the tent didn't assist Fern's PR marketing campaign.

'I solely watched it after I filmed my episodes, and I assumed, "Oh, I've played this quite badly," because I principally went on it and I behaved as if I used to be in knowledgeable baking contest, slightly than like, the joke model.'& &

Fern couldn't deliver herself to take the competitors calmly – a lot so, she even discovered herself mildly irritated when her idol Mel B tried to talk to her.

'I used to be lethal critical, and I used to be on the show with my precise childhood hero Mel B, so that was actually confusing because she was being really nice to me. But she also stored making an attempt to distract me from baking my desserts.

'I stored eager to be like, "Please go away," but in addition you don't need to inform Scary Spice to go away. It was metallic.'

Luckily, Fern was immediately un-starstruck when the Spice Woman imitated her Scottish accent. No, please no.&

'I was so starstruck I couldn't take a look at or converse to her at first. I used to be just so completely happy I met her. But she did do my Scottish accent back at me, which was fairly heartbreaking. But then I tried to do impressions of her again. So that was good.'& &

Don't fear Mel B, even with a nasty Scottish accent, you remain Fern's 'greatest famous individual [she's] ever met'.

Talking of well-known individuals, Fern wasn't accustomed to Paul Hollywood before assembly him in actual life – and she or he wasn't precisely impressed by him, both. Sorry Paul. She's beneath strict directions to not point out who – if anyone – acquired a Hollywood handshake for his or her baking efforts.&

The icon had never seen Bake Off before getting into the tent (Image: Channel 4)

'I didn't know anything about this handshake that the guy provides you or something,' Fern explains, reiterating simply how little she knew concerning the show before appearing on it.&

'The guy… Paul?' I ask. 'Paul. Oh yeah,' Fern replies, as if she'd just remembered the stranger she met at a gig final Sunday.

Most bakers sweat over an inch of acceptance from the wolf-eyed middle-aged man with exceptional stage presence – but not Fern. What did you make of him, I ask, considerably trepidly…

'Errrrrrrrrr…' she says, earlier than a chuckle and an extended pause. I sense Fern is selecting her words rigorously. Diplomatically, she responds: 'Nicely I did study useful new expertise from him I'm hoping to use in my own baking.'

She adds, much less diplomatically: 'But I didn't love him.'&

(Full disclosure: Fern would snog Noel, marry Prue, and avoid Paul.)&

Fern can also be refreshingly frank on the topic of Strictly Come Dancing. She turned down the opportunity to seem on it. It is very exhausting to imagine her dead-pan, matter-of-fact supply immersing in a present so saccharine it's virtually sickly.&

'I simply couldn't think of something worse to be trustworthy,' Fern says.&

'It seems really degrading. I feel when you do that you simply're principally asking to be famous in a very mainstream means and go on The One Present, and I simply didn't need to do this.

'The type of stand-up I do, I don't assume happening Strictly would assist me,' she adds, correctly.

She was taking the competitors very significantly indeed (Image: PA)

Fern is a thriving, and content material, slapstick comedian. She doesn't must be a nationwide treasure, though after this chat, alongside Miriam Margolyes she's undoubtedly mine.

Whereas it's exhausting to withstand cackling away at Fern's blunt brilliance, her now-dead grandmother didn't like her much.&

'So my grandma died, and we weren't speaking for years. We didn't like one another,' she explains before launching into probably the most outrageous ghost story you've ever heard.

'I just passed my driving check and I drove on the motorway accidentally alone at night time, and I feel my grandma got here back to hang-out me, as a result of a bit of mascara acquired into my eye.&

'I was like, "God!" I used to be screaming as a result of I wasn't going to have the ability to see on the street.'

Was there something, er, aside from the mascara that made Fern assume this was her grandma coming back from the lifeless to murder her?

'No, simply that she died and I stated I'm not going to the funeral.'

The Great Movie star Bake Off for Stand Up To Most cancers sees Fern take to the tent on April 7. Her Netflix particular is out on April 22.

Acquired a story?

Should you've acquired a star story, video or footage get in contact with the Metro.co.uk leisure staff by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff web page – we'd love to hear from you.

MORE : Matt Lucas told Noel Fielding to 'f**k off' during Great British Bake Off 'breakdown'

MORE : Prue Leith responds to Sandi Toksvig's savage 'brain rot' Bake Off blast

#celebrity #bake #off #star #didnt #love #paul #hollywood #who #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #ShowBiz

More >> https://ift.tt/PNxpKSZ Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.